Environmental Fund – Voluntary Organisations Support Scheme
Front Harsien ODZ agrees in principle with the Environmental Fund. However Front is putting forward the following proposals:
1. Allocated funds should increase, as current amount is next to insignificant.
2. The funds objective should include the assistance of civil society organisations for campaigns for environmental protection and for environmental initiatives that among others, can include promotion of organic agriculture, permaculture, eco-tourism, rural sustainability and urban sustainability.
3. The fund should also assist organisations in hiring qualified persons to manage and operate sites.
4. The fund should not be used to silence civil society organisations from speaking up on current issues.
5. The fund should have a clear mechanism based on accountability and transparency.